A personal blog about gaming, modeling, and other less than cool ways to spend your time.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Terminator Squad

"Give me a hundred Space Marines. Or failing that give me a thousand other troops."
+++Rogal Dorn, Primarch of the Imperial Fists+++

The Scourge of The Vengeful Spirit

Led by Sergeant Volero Octavia Canus

Try as I might I couldn't escape the efficient killing power of the Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield Terminator Assault squad. There are few squads that can match its killing power and survivability and none at the super cheap 200 point cost. I'm still learning how to use them best. Generally they deep strike in, find something and kill it, but rarely move on to anything else. That is probably mostly because my sparring partner favors lots of cheap troop choices over deathstar units.

The are modeled with the Chapterhouse Studio's salamander shield that I have used before and the forge world shoulder pads. No big changes to the way that I painted them, but my one piece of advise is to keep the shield arm off till the last second. It masks the spray paint and forces some odd angles on the brushes.

I tried to individualize my model with a pseudo heraldry shield an crotch plate. Figured I would add some color.





Rix

No comments:

Post a Comment