A personal blog about gaming, modeling, and other less than cool ways to spend your time.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shoutouts and scolding


Check out my response from 3++ is the New Black on my email submission. I was curious to see what Kirby thought about my troop choices. He and Chumbalaya got together and called me an idiot....

Not really, they make good sound tactical advise. It is a reminder though of how much I resist conforming a list to the tides of the internets. I find that I am always make lists that buck the meta. I don't really like making excuses for it except that I am a underdog whore, or better yet a gaming hipster. In the end, if I take my army to a tournament I'll probably do exactly what they say.

Rix

2 comments:

  1. Send e-mails, receive verbal abuse. It's a good system :P

    I can tell you that we don't bother with the nebulous "meta," we just work with the rules and codices. A balanced, take all comers army is much more consistent and interesting to play than a "meta" list (i.e. hope nobody brings the paper to my rock).

    The most important thing, though, is playing an army that you enjoy playing. We can talk theory all day, but in the end if you want to use Ogryns you've gotta try and make 'em work. I, for example, love my elite armies. I'm sure adding an Assault Squad and more standard units to my Bloodwing (Dante and Sangy Guard) will make it more competitive, but I like the army for all its golden nipply goodness so I've just got to learn to work around it. And it's a blast to play.

    See you around the internets and thanks for e-mailing us.

    ReplyDelete