A personal blog about gaming, modeling, and other less than cool ways to spend your time.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Painting at the Ragged Edge


I have always waxed and waned in my 40k habit. I started playing 15 some years ago and have probably picked up and put down the hobby 5 distinct times. It is what I love about the hobby because it always has something to come back to and my models are relatively timeless. I think I might be on my last legs of this run. I am just having a tough time staying interested in painting.

This current push started when I closed my Warhammer Online account early in the year. I made a conscious effort to improve on my Chaos army. In that time I have accomplished the following tasks:
  • Finished painting two noise marine squads
  • Painted two chosen squads (one heavily converted CC squad and one all melta squad)
  • Painted a possessed squad
  • Expanded my 'nilla CSM squads from one squad and some change to two full ten man squads
  • Added two rhinos and a vindicator (previous incarnation of this army had no vehicles)
  • Modeled and painted 2 out of 3 objective markers
  • Painted a squad of plaguebearers
  • Touched up and sealed all of the army
Quite an impressive feat if I do say so myself. On top of everything mentioned above I am currently working on the following items:
  • My 3rd objective marker
  • A terminator squad modeled and based
  • A cultist squad modeled and based
  • A squad of demonettes modeled and based
The issue now is that I am just having a tough time finding the motivation to finish the army. My goal is to push through the cultists and maybe the terminators and put down the paintbrush for a while.

Rix

No comments:

Post a Comment