A personal blog about gaming, modeling, and other less than cool ways to spend your time.

Monday, August 24, 2009

For Dorn, For Glory!!!



This is my first installment for my Imperial Fist Army. They are my current WIP. As I discussed before I am creating them as a codex company. There is a certain amount of freedom to creating a codex company. First of all it has a much more fluffy feel to it, I feel like I am creating characters, instead of a list of plastic models to win games with. The second thing is that it takes a lot of the min/maxing out of my hand. I am only taking what is in the 3rd company, and that does not include any attachments from the 1st or 10th company and nothing from the armory.

My first squad to display is my HQ choice. It consists of my company commander and his command squad. The commander has a relic blade and a storm shield. The squad has 4 storm shields, 2 power fists, a company banner, and an apothecary.

Marcus Decius Regulus and Praetors

I tried to push the Roman theme, so I have named all the characters as if they were roman citizens. Decius is the gens or clan name and I have used it as an honorarium for the entire company. The last name is the cognomen or family name and will be used to identify each squad based off of the squad leader. As the command squad is all rulers in their own right I have given them the title of Praetors.

Here is a closeup of our noble leader:

Marcus in all of his glory.

I have used a lighting pattern throughout the army. This can best be seen on the storm shields. The storm shields are converted resin ones made primarily for Salamanders but they gave me a good pattern for the lightning bolts.

The Praetors charging forward

The apothecary Brother Caeso (who I have named simply because he is his own line item in Army Builder) can't have a storm shield which sucks for game play. But obviously he still brings a lot of survivability to the squad. This shot you can really see the detail of the plastic bases. Far superior to the resin ones I have bought in the past because I can still add weight to them.

Brother Caeso

Lastly is my standard bearer. I am particularly proud of this paint job. The banner was painted by hand. I am still deciding if I should add some lightning features to the fist, but I figure there is no rush on that. I also can't figure out where to put his storm shield. Its painted and ready to go but it doesn't fit on the power fist as easily as the rest of the squad.

For Dorn, For Glory, For Decius!!!

From a gaming perspective they play as the rock my army rallies around. They go in toward the thick of it, and allow my tacticals to maneuver behind them. They can soak up a lot of hits with the 3+ invulnerable and Feel No Pain. I play a lot of MEQs (damn you and your love of army Rob!!), but I think this would be the perfect answer when someone is trying to barrel some scary greater demons or carnifexes down my throat.

Rix

No comments:

Post a Comment