A personal blog about gaming, modeling, and other less than cool ways to spend your time.

Monday, August 24, 2009

From Noob to Rookie



So its been a couple of weeks since I started playing blood bowl. I have tried almost every non-gay army (e.g. no humans, dwarfs, or elves), started and canceled a handful of campaigns, and actually stuck with one campaign. I have taken my Orc army, the "Teef Stompas" through 3 tournaments.

The game has gotten really fun but I have to admit I play it less and less. I think there are two basic reasons:
  1. The games take so long there is not as much instant gratification while "leveling"
  2. With so many characters, and the names being so confusing (at least for orcs) I feel really detached from the leveling process
  3. Orcs are a starter army so once I had played a couple of times the tactics don't change that much.
Don't get me wrong, last night I pulled out a miracle pass run combo to win a game in overtime and was ecstatic. I just think I need to move on to a different army in order to change p my game. I am thinking Chaos or Skaven. I really like the idea of mutant teams. I just hope I can start identifying my team members, because the names are not gonna get any easier to understand. Perhaps seeking two heads on one of them would be enough to help distinguishing him from the pack.

One of the best things about the game is how much it falls in line with the GW version. Go to the Blood Bowl Website and look at the form for strategy tips. You will most likely get sent to actual blood bowl forums that have been serving the community for 10+ years. How awesome is that. Its not just a new game that someone figures out the most unbalanced team/strategy and posts overnight. But a game that has had over a decade to balance.

Rix

No comments:

Post a Comment