A personal blog about gaming, modeling, and other less than cool ways to spend your time.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baby's First Squad

OK well my camera is finally working, so now I can post some pics. So to get you caught up here is my entire army.


All its glory

Yes I know what you are saying. I am a photographic Michelangelo. The army is not huge, and lacks the troop choices for 5th edition. It focused on vehicles and high cost elite units.

The first squad I ever completed was actually the first squad I ever bought over a decade ago, my blood claws.



One of the most apparent things about the squad is the old school weapons. This was before bolt pistols was the standard and one had a myriad of different options for any trooper. In the squad there is a mix of bolt pistols, bolters, las pistols and hand flamers. The problem was they didn't have enough of any one weapon in the box so I had to mix it up. I left them how they are cause....well...its bad ass.


Does anyone even remember the small template?

So if you have never played with/against a space wolf army, they typically have limited special and heavy weapon options and instead can sub in power weapons and power fists into the squad. This can be vicious once you get in range. The blood claws are particularly devastating because they get 2 attacks on the charge. In a typical game I would roll in with 13 power fist attacks.....let that soak in a little bit.

Three powerfists in a troop choice? Yes please!!

Combined with my Terminators, the blood claws were my punch. I would ram them strait down an opponents throat and if they didn't survive the first round then..well..you have a pretty hardy army.

One last picture of the army. This is one of my random guys but I really liked the way this picture turned out so I wanted to post it. I just like how the gun is in focus and the rest of him isn't.

He looks all gangsta

Rix

No comments:

Post a Comment